September 02, 2004

Intro

Allow me to introduce myself. I live in the land of Academia, in the Computing district. Today's chores involve marking (oh joy), which, as always, throws up interesting questions concerning what goes on in some students' brains. Some examples:
  • Why, when the question says "Draw a series of diagrams to show [how a state changes] " do I find just one diagram? Did you think that you were going to run out of paper? All 8 pages of answer book?
  • Did the student who wrote "Please pass me" think that a pathetic plea will somehow increase the mark, even when the question answers have only been a quarter completed?
  • One student wrote "The website should be very clean...". Sigh. When I was talking about Flash, I didn't mean floor cleaner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home