March 03, 2005

Iron J

One of the students in my practical class last week had on an unironed shirt. Nothing so unusual about that of course, even I sometimes have an unironed shirt on, when my pile of no-need-to-iron shirts runs out. No, the thing that was puzzling was that it was a really really unironed shirt. The creases were amazing, all radiating out from the centre neck area at the back of the shirt. So - was it meant to be like that?

This week, he was back, with the same creased shirt (or an identical copy). I take it that it is meant to be creased. I am obviously far out of touch with current fashion and thus suitably qualified in this respect as an academic.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but I'd feel well paranoid, if I wore a creased shirt in public!

 
At 7:07 pm, Blogger Andrew said...

A few creases do not matter, but that is too much. While at work, I keep my suit jacket on, if my shirt is not ironed to a good standard. No problem at all, until the warm weather comes along :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home