December 08, 2004

Corridor Conversation

Scene: the corridor, just beyond an open door to the office of one of my colleagues.

Student:
You know this assignment? Do we have to do anything for it?
Lecturer:
Er, yes.... did you come to the talk I gave?
Student:
Er, no, what talk was that?
Lecturer
The one I sent you an email about.
(faint snorting sounds heard emanating from the direction of the open door)
Lecturer:
Well it wasn't a good idea to miss the talk because I talked about exactly what you had to do, in detail. Did you look at the website instead? Where I'd put slides of the talk?
Student:
Er, no. I remember.... we had mumps that week!
Lecturer:
Oh that's a new one, I haven't heard that excuse so far this week.
(louder snorting sounds)
Student:
It's true!
Lecturer:
Never said it wasn't. Now, here, let's just move down this corridor a bit away from the noise, and get you started off in the right direction. The first thing is go to the website and look at the slides....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home